Thursday, October 11, 2007

western medicine vs. the holistic approach...

Tuesday, a lymph node on the back of my neck became inflamed. By the next day, pain was shooting up the back of my head. Now, I know a lot of things and what I don't know, I look up. In 46 years of life, I know enough to know I've got some kind of infection.

So yesterday at lunch I run to the Vanderbilt Walk-in Clinic that is close to the office. Convenient AND they take my insurance. I complete the paperwork and am called into the back in just a matter of minutes. The nurse takes my vitals and I tell her what's going on with me. She steps out and in a matter of minutes, the doctor is with me. This is going great! Give me a 'script for antibiotics and let me go already! He does the standard quiz, looks in my throat and ears, listens to my breathing and sits back down to zap of a 'script to the local Walgreen's. Does he give me antibiotics? No. NO??? He gives me a decongestant/expectorant and Nasonex. Nevermind that my head is clear and snot free. Okay...he's gone to school. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Walgreens and $54 later, I'm cussing him like a sailor. I take my meds and pray for healing.

This morning.....

Still in pain AND another lymph node below my ear is swollen so large that I resemble Quasi Moto!!! Oh heck to the no! Bendy, this one is up to you and God. So I look through my essential oils and grab the eucalyptus. I slather it all over the swelling and finish getting ready for work. Hmmmmm guess what? ALL my swelling is almost gone. The oil opened up the nodes and allowed drainage of the infection. I can't take credit for it...that goes to the Big Guy. However, the next time before I fork over a $30 copay and $54 for meds, I'm trying the natural approach!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Ahhh...do it naturally; I down with that. You must always remember: Everyone has an agenda...and doctors need to find something wrong....or at least bill u for looking. :D

P.S. Welcome back to blogdom!

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home