Sunday, September 30, 2007



the wonderful world of dating.....NOT!!!




I've been divorced for seven years. Most of the time, I'm fine being alone. My job and school keep me busy. However, a couple of weeks ago I went through a bout of lonliness and lost my mind for a minute. Yep....I filled out a profile on Yahoo Personals. (GASP!)

I received notification that my profile had been viewed. With excited anticipation, I signed in! Could the man of my dreams be waiting for an email response? There were several that could have appeared as extras in "Deliverance." Now hold up! I know that looks and having all your teeth aren't everything and it's what's inside that counts so don't go dissin' me already. Anyway, after a day or two, things looked up a little. I did end up going on an actual date with a very nice man last Saturday night. I enjoyed his company and he was a gentleman. He asked to cut our date short because he had a bit of a drive and was in no mood to sit and listen to loud music. I assured him that was fine and I was home by 9:30. This same man wanted to come to my house this weekend for sex.

HELLO??????

Needless to say, I thanked him again for the lovely time and told him that speaking from a place of honesty, there was not spark for me and we needed to part ways.




I've had men from Georgia and Illinois email me. I live in middle Tennessee. I work and go to school in Middle Tennessee. Sorry...I rather like it here. Then there are the men that send a "conversation starter" such as "your profile made me smile." Fantastic! I email back to start a conversation and never ever get a response. This is not grade school. This is adult land and in adult land do not send a note unless you're willing to reciprocate with conversation. (I'm beginning to sound jaded, aren't I...)
A rocking chair on the front porch and a hound dog sleeping at my feet is looking rather attractive these days!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home