Saturday, October 13, 2007


memories...light the corners of my mind
My favorite aunt is 16 years older than me. She toted me around (or "hipped" me as she calls it) until I got too big to carry.
We lived in Springfield, MO when I was young and on the square was this fabulous movie theater called The Fox.
The very best thing about The Fox Theater was the fact that it had a balcony!! My aunt took me to see every Disney movie that came out and, you guessed it, we would hit the balcony. The view was just so great from up there! Lady & The Tramp, The Jungle Book and every Herbie movie ever made looked amazing from our vantage point. The balcony was a world of it's own and when I visit my childhood memories, this is one of my all time favorites.
When my children were small, I made it a point to purchase all the great old Disney movies on VHS in hopes my children would share in some of that same magic I experienced. To them, the living room and mom's lap was every bit as magical as that balcony was to me.
The Fox Theater has been closed for years now. What I wouldn't give for one more viewing from that special place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Its definitely the noodles that keep our knoggins cloggin.' Those were some special old movies and grand ole times; but if you're gettin,' get more than one; then you can share. :D

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home