Friday, October 26, 2007

keep it real.....

Something was revealed to me today. It was unintentional on the part of the other party. However, the ugliness unwittingly rose to the surface. Someone I have known for the better part of 6 years failed to share something with me….a very important little detail. Lying by omission is still lying. A friendship may not recover.

I have a low tolerance for untruthfulness. I experienced a lot of it in my past. Basically, I got a gut full. I would much rather be given the truth in any and all circumstances. Hurting from truth is a lot less painful that hurting from an elaborate web of lies that wraps itself around you, leaving you in wait for the life to be sucked out of you.

In my Client/Therapist class last quarter, I learned a great deal about speaking from the truth of who I am. It’s very empowering and people always know where they stand when they’re in your presence. Try it….it works.

2 Comments:

Blogger PicoChocolate said...

I see...hmmm....doesnt that just get your goat!!!??? However; omission can be a beautiful thing. Some things are better left untold and unasked.... LOL

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Bendy said...

Are you trying to tell me I'm ugly and my momma dresses me funny??????? lol

12:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home