Monday, October 09, 2006

The simple things....

On my drive in this morning I noticed the full moon still visible in a blue, blue sky. I'm drawn to the moon, especially when it's full. Something primal deep within me connects to that sphere in the sky.

As I continued my journey, I noticed a red tailed hawk perched in a tree. Magnificent! I was thinking "Oh Lord if I could just have sight as keen as that winged creature. The ability to see that which was vital to my existance, rather than to be distracted with things that really don't matter.

I soon hit I-65 which is trying regardless of the time you hit it. You must pay attention and concentrate or you could be the very one Richard Thomas is reporting about on his flight report. As I passed one of the fields, I noticed something running up the hill towards the trees. Running not at a fast pace...more as a jog. An enjoyment of movement. It was a coyote. Not a care in the world...just enjoying simply "being." How wonderful that feeling would be. Dump that stress and just enjoy life.

Yep, I had a rather insightful drive in this morning. On the days where I want to fuss about the drive, I quickly remember the things that are often revealed to me during that time and I shut my pie hole :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

....and it takes a special person just to even notice; not to mention, smile about it. completely Bendy

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Linda Russell said...

It is good to hear you celebrating life and showing off your gift with verbage

4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home