Thursday, September 07, 2006



Friends & Family

This past weekend, I took a couple of extra days to extend the already lengthy weekend so that I could go back home to visit my family. My girls drove up as well which made the trip extra special.

We all gathered at a campground in Branson. Now, this girl doesn't "camp" so she wasn't looking forward to that aspect. However, this camping was far from roughing it. The folks have a wonderful pull trailer that is nicer than my duplex. My sister and brother-in-law have one as well. I stayed in a cabin that was nicer than most hotel rooms I've stayed in. No complaints from me.

On Sunday, more friends and family members drove in and we had one whale of a barbeque. We all had a wonderful time just sitting around and visiting. No radio...no tv...just conversation and lots of laughter.

I realized something this morning. It hit me right smack over the head. I enjoyed myself because it was something I was familiar with. We used to do the same thing when I was a child. Many hours were spent with family gathered in the shade trees of my grandparents' home talking and laughing and having dinner. Comfort. Just what I needed.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Russell said...

Good to see you find a piece of time to give you peace of mind.
Priceless

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home