Friday, July 07, 2006

You know it's going to be a good day when....

I headed out the door this morning, just looking forward to getting the day over. Know what I mean? It's Friday. Just getting in the car when I look over at my neighbor's yard and there sits the cutest little black & white puppy I have ever seen! It looks to be Pit and it is looking at me like "well? say something!" So immediately I start cooing "Ohhhhhh you are sooooo cute" among other feel good puppy speak. He is wiggling all over and the tail is going like crazy. Now I can't wait to get back home to see if he's out. Smiles all around.

I then pulled into the corner Mapco to get gas. The pump would not read my debit card. This is crazy. It's a brand new pump for crying out loud! So I go in and there is a man at the register trying to pay with his debit card. Long story short, we stood there for some time and the line greatly lengthened because the cashier had to manually charge his card. Thankfully mine was fine when it was at last my turn. Now this minor irritation had thrown a wrench in my morning. Everything was going smoothly, but now I was running a tad bit behind. Current mood....grrrrrr.

I pulled on the interstate and, of course, had to wait at the light. There was a red jeep in front of me with the back opened so that the air was free flowing. I saw the driver look in the passenger seat for a moment and I assumed he had his child with him.....when all of a sudden....this beautiful big sweetie turned around and smiled at me!! A tail wagger!!!

What is it about dogs that is so calming? I can be in the worst of moods and see a tail wagger and all my troubles melt away completely. Immediate happiness. I no longer have my Big Sweetie. He's currently having a large time in Doggie Heaven. However, when I need a fix, I have visitation rights with the four legged wonders of various friends. There's Gaston....the cornbread jonesing cocker....Sasha....the bitchy but loveable dalmation mix....Debo....the goofy pit often referred to as "big dumb doggie" and max....5 lbs. of spoiled rotten yorkie. I'm Aunt Cindy to all of these canines and they know behond a shadow of a doubt when I'm around, they're going to get loads of doggie love. It's just the best :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Now, there's a blog title, "You know it's Friday when...." ...u r just a lover, Bendy

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home