Monday, June 19, 2006

Paybacks.....

Saturday I'm driving to Memphis to pick up Youngest Daughter. She'll be visiting for a week and I'm very excited. Oldest Daughter is stuck working in the office until the middle of July for her Grandparents. Once they return, she's coming to visit.

Today....OD informs me that her father stated he would take care of her work if she'd like to come up with YD. My heart leaps a bit..but was preempted by "Mom, Steven's going to be on a mission trip in Equador next week, so I'm just going to come up in July." I picked at her a bit and told her that would be fine as long as she managed to squeeze some time in with dear ol' mom.

After I hung up the phone, I was taken back to my college years. I remember coming home and either being on the phone or gone with my friends. Time with my parents? Huh??? Now I got a good dose of what my dear ol' mom went through.

The past few times that I have been back to the folks' I have made and effort to spend as much time as I can with them. I know there will come a day when I won't have that luxury. Hopefully someday OD and YD will come to that realization as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

hmmmmm.... I think I will think about that

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home