Monday, May 08, 2006

Gimme some o' that feel good!

I watch (or listen rather) to the news every morning as I get ready for work. I read the news online usually every day. I don't know why I put myself through it. It's nothing but pure depression cast to the masses. I always ask myself why we can't have some 'feel good' for a change? No doom & gloom...just good things.

I get my 'feel good' fix every Sunday night by watching Extreme Home Makeovers. Everyone involved in this show is making a difference in lives...including mine. Week after week I tune in to see what family is going to be blessed. Usually I end up in tears...the good kind. The "thank God there are still good people in this world" kind. Last night there was for a Hindu family in New York that came here for a better life. There were 7 family members I believe. Their home caught on fire. The were living in a total disaster pit because they could not afford to do anything else. Existing in conditions that most of us couldn't conceive. Yet they were clinging to their faith and they ended up with a new home, complete with a prayer room. I was so happy for these folks. And yes, the eyes leaked as I watched them overcome with joy and blessing.

If you don't watch...try it sometime. It's all good :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

It's Amazing!!!! Good news exists and it has the power to raise us from our low depths. There is good news out there and we almost have to force ourselves to find, search or notice it. You are so right; its good to see a few shows that aren't riddled with brutality, sex, cheating housewives and no-good-give-a-damns.... :D

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home