Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My drive to work yesterday was a nightmare. It was for many others as well. You see, some idiot (and I am being oh so nice) decided that he was in such a damned hurry that he decided to drive between the concrete retaining wall and the HOV lane. An SUV that was in the HOV lane swerved to avoid hitting the AO (anal orifice) and flipped his vehicle numerous times. This 25 year old kid had to be life flighted to Vanderbilt and is in serious condition. The AO was apprehended later at his home.

Why are people always in such a hurry? What happened to a relaxing drive, enjoying the beauty around you? I just don't get it. We're only on this Earth for a brief time. Take in the gifts around you. The trees that are budding, the flowers that are emerging from winter hibernation. Even if you're traveling on an interstate, there are still interests around you. I pass 2 buffalo every day while driving on Highway 65. I look forward to see if they're at the pond or stretched out basking in the sun. It's the little things that give pleasure in this life time. So slow your butt down and enjoy them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Wow!!!! That was exciting...my drive is not typically that exciting. I always keep a camera with me for just such occassions.

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home