Tuesday, April 25, 2006


So I went back home over Easter. Headed down 24 to 62 to 60...Ozark, Missouri bound. Why is it the last 30 minutes of a trip seem an eternity??

Anyway..I pull in the drive I have pulled in a million times and entered "home." The home of my childhood. My nephew, Wyatt, was there and I don't think that boy stopped talking the entire 5 days I was there. He has a lot to say for a 3 year old and he loves his Aunt Cindy!

To keep this posting from stretching on for miles, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version....Lots of visiting....family. Aunts, uncles, cousins, mom, dad, sis and her husband. And....MY KIDS! More visiting....my 3 best friends back home...Melissa, Andra and Anita. Lots of laughter....loads of it. Lots of good country cooking. Beans & cornbread and fried potatoes for starters. Have mercy!

I really had a wonderful time and was very sad when it was time to leave. I always smile when I pull into that driveway, and I always have tears when I leave.Ozark is a lot like Murfreesboro in some respects...it was a small town when I was growing up...but it has boomed. The high school that once seemed so very large to me, has now been demoted to Jr. High and a new High School the size of a hospital has been built on the hillside. I wonder if kids still cruise the square on Friday and Saturday nights. All I have to say is thank God gas was cheap back in the day. I put a lot of miles on the car driving around in a circle and back and forth to the Foodland to talk with friends.

It goes without saying....I enjoyed myself on my 5 day escape :)

Here's a pic of Jesika, Kylie and Wyatt...are they beautiful or what?

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

I always love visiting home and when I get that feeling of "hating to leave" I know that I have been there long enuf and if I stay too long, I may lose the feeling I have grown to cherish — "its been great to see you all again; but we must go".

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home