Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's a funky kind of day....

It was a "Play that Funky Music White Boy" drive in this morning. Yes, it's Wednesday with all the characteristics of Monday after a long weekend. I figured what better way to up my mood than to play the funk on the drive in. Now normally I listen to country, but this day called for something else. The harder the rain came down, the louder the volume crept up. For all intents and purposes, it worked. I'm in a fairly decent mood.

I had a wonderful weekend. I didn't do anything overtly exciting, but the escape was fantastic! Saturday I returned Jes to her father and sister. A friend of hers caught a ride back with us. I was excited, because I figured two 14 year old girls would chatter and keep me alert. Boy did I miss the mark on that one! Headphones on...music up...let the snoring begin! I dropped them off in Memphis and headed home with a huge pit in my stomach. The same one I get every time my kids "go home." I don't think I will ever be rid of that feeling.

Sunday and Monday afternoons were spent at the pool with a friend of mine, baking in the sun. Man it was hot out! The cool water felt wonderful against hot skin. There were twin boys there with their grandmother on Monday. They looked to be around 5 or 6. The name of the game was "CANNONBALLLLLLL!!!" I got tired just watching them! They were so cute and lots of fun to watch. They made me remember all the times I had at the pool and lake with my cousins when I was little. Great memories....

Monday evening I met of friend of mine face to face for the first time We've known each other for 4 years. It was very special and that's all I will say for now on that subject.
Last night I was invited to partake in burgers and hot dogs and all the trimmings with friends. I have such wonderful friends. We're more like family than anything. It was a great time!

And now? Well now I'm trying to figure out how to make this day an adventure! I'll keep you posted on how that turns out :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home