Friday, August 25, 2006

Light Your World.....

Today is Friday. I was in a wonderful mood on the way to work this morning. My heart was full to overflowing. Everything just looked brighter today. The trees were greener. The tomatoes hanging on the vine at the nursery I pass were redder. The sun was shining on the horses at the stable and reflected muscles that seemed more defined. Ahhhhh....

I was listening to a song by Newsong entitled "Light Your World." It speaks of a woman who's husband has passed. Her phone never rang. There was no laughter. No joy. Until one day when a neighbor child rang her doorbell and a friendship began.

It's the simple things. The things we don't think about. What may seem like nothing to you may mean the world to someone else. A smile, a handshake, a wave, a hug. Simple things.

Some time back, I was told that I was a "joy carrier." When people meet me or see me, they smile because they're drawn to my smile and the joy that is within me. I like that. I try to use my joy everyday to make someone's life a little brighter...to light my world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

You are definitely a bundle of joy, Bendy.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Maximus Doom said...

You are definitely a bundle of joy, Bendy.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Linda Russell said...

I Third That :)
The world needs more people willing to bend
smile
celebrate
laugh the way you do

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home