Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Peace.....

Every morning on my way down 840, I pass a rather large pond on the right side of the highway. It always looks so calm and peaceful. Every now and again there will be a couple of ducks out there, but usually the surface is smooth as glass.
I often think how nice it would be to sit out there on the bank early in the morning or at dusk with an old zebco rod & reel, casting out into those quiet waters, caring nothing about actually catching anything. Just going through the motions. Hearing the "whir" of 10lb test as it flies through the air...then the slow clicking as you feel the lure resist the water. Am I a fisherman? Heck no. I care nothing about catching fish. But the serenity that comes with casting your cares upon the water...now that's another story :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home