Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Heavy Sigh...

The feeling of "ick." No one wants it, yet we all experience it at some time or another. Today my feeling of ick stems from being under appreciated. Taken for granted. The thought that I will always be around like an old worn out comfortable shoe in the back of a closet. The new shoes get worn to the best places, get complimented, get shined. The old shoes get dug out to do the dirty work then are discarded without a thought once the job is completed. Placed in the back of the closet until the next time...

So how do we "shine?" We "old shoes." What is it we must do to get the "oohs" and "ahhhhs?"

Or....

Should we be content in knowing that it was us that got the job done while the newbies sat by the wayside looking pretty?

I want both, baby. I want the satisfaction of knowing it was my hard work and dedication that got the job done and I want the praise for doing so. I don't think that is too much to ask.

So I will continue with the work and the "git 'er done" attitude and I will continue to seek the recognition I so deserve. It may be an uphill battle, but I've got the strengh to keep on a pushin!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

hmmm....save me a seat in that boat, girlfriend. Wish I had an answer for that one. The only one I found was to move to a different closet. There is front row seating again for a little while and plenty of shoe polish to keep it buffed.

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home