Thursday, February 14, 2008

another one bites the dust....

I've almost made it through another one. I'm on the downward side of the day celebrated by lovers all over the world...Valentine's Day.

This was my grandmother and great aunt's birthday. A special day for two special ladies who are now walking with the Father.

When I was a kid, this was such an exciting time at school. We'd make our special boxes and fill out our Valentines and make a day of it. As I got older, there were cards or flowers from someone special.

These days it's "Let's get this day over with already!" It can be a difficult day for single guys and gals. We see others smile as flowers arrive and hear excited chatter about what the night ahead may bring. Don't get me wrong...I get very excited right along with them and delight in their joy. It really does give me pleasure.

Yet, there's an emptiness in the pit of my stomach that my sandwich from Subway did not fill. HOWEVER....there are two sweeties at home that may let me love on them and fill that void a bit. They have the biggest brown, soulful eyes, a whimsical spirit, and 4 hooves :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all. If you don't have a significant other, hopefully you have a four legged friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home