Friday, November 21, 2008

ode to cranberries....

Once again it's about that time of year. Turkey and trimmings and cranberry sauce! I'm not talking fresh cranberries lovingly combined with other ingredients for a beautiful presentation. I'm talking about the REAL stuff! That wonderful gellatinous goo in the shape of the can it emerges from! YUMMMMMMMM! It's just not Thanksgiving dinner to me if there isn't cranberry rounds that I can put on my plate between the turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy.

Of course cranberries can be enjoyed in various other forms. If you haven't tried them, Craisins are delicious and a great snack. Monday, I had lunch at Bread & Company. They serve a wonderful chicken salad on cranberry bread. I must say it was a joy to the tastebuds. If you haven't, try it sometime!

That's all I got on cranberries. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

You know...of all the salemen/women; its the cranberry salesperson that has my admiration. Who but they could sell so many variations of themselves. Perhaps they are the same folks as the CSI folks. Cran-apple, Cran-grape, Cran-berry, Cran-peach, Cran-banana, etc. Its amazing that things nature never intended are all possible with cranberries. That rich flavor is just to gobble for....

6:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home