Thursday, July 05, 2007


During my drive to work, I pass several stables. One has several mares with their Spring foals in various fenced areas. I love to watch the babies grow.

The last one I pass is a Walking Horse Stable. Almost every morning, there are one or two grooms out working the horses. I am forever tempted to pull over and just watch. To me, watching these horses is like watching music. The syncopation of the head nod and the high stepping front legs in conjunction with the smooth, solid steps of the hind legs is like a jazzy sax accompanied by a string bass. I’m thinking I may have to go to the Celebration this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Now that is so true...at least from the human perspective....someday we will know the horse's....

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home